My Facebook is Deactivated | New 2019

To say that Facebook plays a huge part in my life is a little bit of an exaggeration-- as I'm sure it is for any other social media manager. Not only do I use it to stay connected with family and friends-- but I'm for life adding content to among the many web pages I admin, whether for myself or for customers.

My Facebook Is Deactivated



Facebook Disabled My Account



Imagine my shock when I tried to sign right into Facebook one morning only to get the following message:

My account was disabled? What does that also imply?

I tried to visit with an additional browser and I obtained the exact same message. Facebook handicapped my account!

Facebook supplied a type entry web page for those wanting to write to Facebook concerning their impaired account, and also I emailed them essentially asking why my account was impaired as well as how I can get gain access to back to the many pages I'm an admin for. I explained that I handle a selection of web pages for clients, and was constantly conscious concerning the material I posted-- nevertheless, my parents are on Facebook also.

After sending the email to Facebook, I sent an e-mail to the good friends who's e-mail addresses I actually had and also explained what happened. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, most of my friends were just able to be gotten in touch with by me on Facebook.

The replies I got from that email were categorized into 3 different classifications:

- WTF/WTH-- why would certainly they do that ??
- Is it since you published political things (I like Ron Paul and common content about #OWS).
- Possibly somebody flagged you.

I read up on some of the posts by others that have had their accounts impaired to learn why mine was unexpectedly pulled-- without warning I should include. The publishing dates on the short articles cover the lifetime of Facebook, showing that the company has actually forever gotten on a behind-the-scenes project of disabling accounts at their discernment.

I located some posts by renowned blog writers or journalists, consisting of Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, as well as Stan Shroeder (Mashable). Most of these high-profiled Facebook individuals had their accounts and/or web pages reabled soon after Facebook uncovered that they disabled. For the rest people, we're basically on our own.

Checking out these posts didn't infuse much hope in me or my situation. The realization of what I shed was beginning to set in too.

For many years I had computers accident, swiped, shed, and so on as well as depend on Facebook to hold all my travel and also event images. The internet site isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so why not publish all my pictures on Facebook for my friends and also household to see at their discernment? There were more than 2000 images, numerous video clips, article (notes), plus all the contacts (I still have not had the ability to reconnect with lots of that were all lost when Facebook disabled my account). This was looking to be a very grim circumstance as I further recognized simply what was lost.

I needed to gain back access to Facebook to handle the pages for my clients, as well as likewise for my own enterprises. Most of my web pages' admin gain access to were shown to a partner and also were quickly held up up with the new Facebook account I begrudgingly developed, cursing Facebook under my breath as I established the brand-new account.

A few of the Facebook pages admin accessibility were shared with my clients, whom I needed to contact to have them re-add me with my new account. All of them asked "Why did your account get disabled?" and truly so. I, also, would certainly examine the person I paid to manage my Facebook web page why their Facebook account was disabled. Wouldn't you?

I still do not have an answer to that concern. "I have no concept" is the response I still provide, due to the fact that its real. Facebook has still yet to offer me a reason why my account was handicapped. After reading the factors Facebook impaired accounts on their page I was still in the dark. I didn't spam-add people, post sexual content, bug any person. so why they deleted me didn't make sense. Just after I read various other write-ups did I understand a little bit a lot more.

Facebook can disable your account if your screen name is various than that on your birth certificate. Mine was, but not by much. It was still phonetically the very same, however led to different than the remainder of my family. I also had a client that recently used a contest promotion to raise their email checklist. According to Facebook promotional standards, competitions can just be run on Facebook through a couple of apps: ShortStack and also WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I inspected that customer's Facebook page and also it was gone too. Aha!

Although the competition had not been exactly hosted on Facebook (it was hosted on the customer's site), and the victor was alerted through email (you can not introduce winners on your wall), I was confident this was the offending action which had me brought in off Facebook without even a 'Goodbye'.

Now it was about a week since I originally created Facebook that eventful morning, and also I still had not obtained a reply. I took another look at the page permitting me to get in touch with Facebook, and described that I now had a far better idea regarding why they disabled me, and that I was sorry. I swore never to do something like that once more (was it really that poor??) if they simply reable my account.

I sent out that off and also waited once more. After a couple of even more days I realized something. something extremely vital-- I produced a filter in gmail for Facebook e-mails. Even if they did email me, I would certainly have never ever received the e-mail since it was readied to "Skip Inbox/Delete". Harsh.

So I sent an additional e-mail to Facebook, this moment letting them recognize that I had a filter on my gmail and if they did contact me prior to this e-mail, I would have never received it.

A few days later I finally obtained an email from Javier at Facebook. Below's the only action I'll likely obtain from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What an adolescent reaction-- certain Facebook is a 'young' company, yet I make certain there need to be a person there with better tact than 'we're not mosting likely to reable your account-- don't email us once again.' OK Facebook.

So what did I gain from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never ever understand if/when they'll make a decision to erase you.
2. Don't manage your various customer's pages with the very same account. If one page/account obtains removed, you won't shed them all.
3. A lot of my friends are snobs that's profiles are either concealed from search, or they disabled the "Add as a buddy" switch making it impossible to re-add them.

Its been about a month because I had my account impaired, and had great deals of time to review the experience. I haven't attempted to speak to Facebook directly because I obtained the e-mail from Javier, yet I did start the web site www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, as well as the hashtag project on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to draw attention to the negative experience.

Do I want Facebook to transform their disabling policy? Nope.

I take care of a couple of MU sites and if you desire a person off your site, by all means erase them/block them/whatever. But also for Facebook to disable the account and also to keep the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog messages, that is wrong. What would certainly Facebook be if no one uploaded material onto the site-- No images to share or tag-- No short articles to Like-- No condition updates to LOL at-- It would certainly be NOTHING.

Facebook ought to enable those who they disabled to download their account, letting them fetch their photos/videos/notes/ and so on, before going off to the barren wastelands of Google+, or to RT their close friends condition updates (rather than 'Liking' it). Facebook currently makes it feasible for an active account to be downloaded, so why not a handicapped account?

It's time for Facebook to get a little bit more mature around-- particularly with their IPO announced. I'm actually taking into consideration buying stock just so they will have to listen to my problem-- at least I'll make money from them.

Have you had your Facebook account impaired? Did you get it back, as well as if so just how?