When A Facebook Account is Deactivated | New 2019

To say that Facebook plays a huge component in my life is a little bit of an exaggeration-- as I make sure it is for any other social media sites supervisor. Not just do I use it to interact with loved ones-- however I'm for life adding content to one of the many web pages I admin, whether for myself or for customers.

When A Facebook Account Is Deactivated



Facebook Disabled My Account



Picture my shock when I tried to sign into Facebook one early morning just to obtain the adhering to message:

My account was disabled? What does that even indicate?

I tried to visit with another web browser and I obtained the very same message. Facebook handicapped my account!

Facebook supplied a kind entry page for those desiring to contact Facebook regarding their disabled account, and I emailed them primarily asking why my account was handicapped and how I can obtain access back to the numerous pages I'm an admin for. I explained that I handle a variety of pages for customers, and was always mindful concerning the material I posted-- after all, my parents get on Facebook too.

After sending the e-mail to Facebook, I sent out an email to the good friends who's e-mail addresses I really had as well as clarified what took place. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, most of my friends were only able to be gotten in touch with by me on Facebook.

The replies I got from that e-mail were categorized right into three various groups:

- WTF/WTH-- why would they do that ??
- Is it since you posted political things (I like Ron Paul and common web content regarding #OWS).
- Perhaps somebody flagged you.

I read up on some of the posts by others that have had their accounts impaired to learn why mine was all of a sudden drawn-- without cautioning I ought to include. The publishing dates on the write-ups span the lifetime of Facebook, showing that the business has actually for life been on a behind-the-scenes campaign of disabling accounts at their discretion.

I discovered some short articles by well-known blog writers or reporters, consisting of Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, as well as Stan Shroeder (Mashable). Most of these high-profiled Facebook customers had their accounts and/or web pages reabled right after Facebook discovered who they disabled. For the rest of us, we're primarily on our very own.

Reading these articles didn't impart much hope in me or my situation. The understanding of what I lost was beginning to embed in as well.

Throughout the years I had computers accident, swiped, lost, and so on as well as relied on Facebook to host all my traveling and also event images. The website isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so why not upload all my photos on Facebook for my friends and family members to watch at their discernment? There were well over 2000 pictures, plenty of video clips, blog posts (notes), plus all the get in touches with (I still haven't been able to reconnect with several who were all shed when Facebook handicapped my account). This was seeming an extremely grim situation as I better realized just what was lost.

I needed to reclaim access to Facebook to handle the web pages for my clients, and also for my very own ventures. Much of my pages' admin access were shared with a companion as well as were conveniently held up up with the new Facebook account I begrudgingly created, cursing Facebook under my breath as I established the new account.

Some of the Facebook web pages admin access were shared with my clients, whom I needed to get in touch with to have them re-add me with my brand-new account. Every one of them asked "Why did your account get disabled?" and truly so. I, also, would examine the individual I paid to manage my Facebook page why their Facebook account was handicapped. Would not you?

I still do not have an answer to that concern. "I have no concept" is the answer I still offer, because its true. Facebook has still yet to provide me a reason my account was handicapped. After checking out the factors Facebook impaired accounts on their page I was still in the dark. I didn't spam-add people, message sex-related web content, harass anybody. so why they deleted me didn't make sense. Just after I review other articles did I understand a bit a lot more.

Facebook can disable your account if your screen name is different than that on your birth certificate. Mine was, but not by a lot. It was still phonetically the same, however meant various than the remainder of my family members. I additionally had a client who just recently used a contest promo to boost their e-mail checklist. According to Facebook promotional standards, competitions can just be operated on Facebook with either apps: ShortStack and also WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I examined that client's Facebook page and also it was gone as well. Aha!

Although the contest wasn't precisely hosted on Facebook (it was hosted on the customer's web site), and also the winner was notified using e-mail (you can not announce victors on your wall surface), I was confident this was the annoying action which had me ushered off Facebook without even a 'Au revoir'.

At this point it had to do with a week given that I originally wrote Facebook that eventful early morning, and I still had not obtained a reply. I revisited the page enabling me to speak to Facebook, and described that I now had a much better concept concerning why they disabled me, which I was sorry. I promised never ever to do something like that once more (was it really that poor??) if they simply reable my account.

I sent out that off and also waited once again. After a few even more days I understood something. something very vital-- I created a filter in gmail for Facebook e-mails. Even if they did email me, I would certainly have never obtained the e-mail because it was readied to "Miss Inbox/Delete". Extreme.

So I sent out one more e-mail to Facebook, this moment letting them know that I had a filter on my gmail and if they did contact me before this e-mail, I would certainly have never gotten it.

A couple of days later on I ultimately received an e-mail from Javier at Facebook. Below's the only response I'll likely get from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What an adolescent feedback-- certain Facebook is a 'young' business, but I make certain there must be someone there with much better tact than 'we're not going to reable your account-- do not email us once more.' OKAY Facebook.

So what did I gain from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never ever recognize if/when they'll make a decision to remove you.
2. Don't handle your different client's pages with the same account. If one page/account gets erased, you will not shed them all.
3. A lot of my friends are pretenders who's profiles are either concealed from search, or they disabled the "Add as a good friend" switch making it difficult to re-add them.

Its been about a month since I had my account disabled, and had lots of time to assess the experience. I have not tried to contact Facebook straight because I got the e-mail from Javier, however I did start the site www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, and the hashtag campaign on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to draw attention to the negative experience.

Do I desire Facebook to alter their disabling policy? Nope.

I manage a couple of MU sites and if you desire someone off your site, of course remove them/block them/whatever. However, for Facebook to disable the account and to maintain the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog blog posts, that is wrong. What would certainly Facebook be if nobody uploaded material onto the site-- No photos to share or tag-- No articles to Like-- No standing updates to LOL at-- It would certainly be NOTHING.

Facebook should permit those that they disabled to download their account, letting them obtain their photos/videos/notes/ and so on, before going off to the barren marshes of Google+, or to RT their pals status updates (instead of 'Liking' it). Facebook already makes it possible for an energetic account to be downloaded and install, so why not a handicapped account?

It's time for Facebook to get a bit more mature in this field-- especially with their IPO announced. I'm in fact taking into consideration buying stock just so they will have to listen to my problem-- at the minimum I'll benefit from them.

Have you had your Facebook account handicapped? Did you get it back, as well as if so just how?