Deactivated Facebook Account | New 2019

To say that Facebook plays a huge part in my life is a little bit of an exaggeration-- as I make certain it is for any other social media supervisor. Not only do I utilize it to stay connected with family and friends-- however I'm permanently adding content to among the many web pages I admin, whether for myself or for customers.

Deactivated Facebook Account



Facebook Disabled My Account



Envision my surprise when I tried to sign into Facebook one morning just to obtain the complying with message:

My account was disabled? What does that even suggest?

I attempted to visit with an additional browser as well as I got the same message. Facebook disabled my account!

Facebook provided a type entry page for those desiring to contact Facebook regarding their disabled account, and also I emailed them basically asking why my account was disabled and also how I can get access back to the various pages I'm an admin for. I explained that I manage a variety of pages for customers, as well as was always conscious regarding the material I posted-- besides, my parents are on Facebook as well.

After sending out the email to Facebook, I sent out an e-mail to the friends that's e-mail addresses I really had and discussed what occurred. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, most of my friends were just able to be called by me on Facebook.

The replies I received from that email were identified right into three different classifications:

- WTF/WTH-- why would they do that ??
- Is it since you posted political things (I like Ron Paul and also shared material concerning #OWS).
- Maybe somebody flagged you.

I read up on some of the write-ups by others that have actually had their accounts handicapped to figure out why my own was instantly pulled-- without advising I ought to include. The posting dates on the write-ups extend the life time of Facebook, showing that the firm has for life gotten on a behind-the-scenes campaign of disabling accounts at their discretion.

I discovered some articles by renowned blog writers or journalists, including Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, as well as Stan Shroeder (Mashable). Most of these high-profiled Facebook customers had their accounts and/or pages reabled soon after Facebook discovered who they disabled. For the rest of us, we're basically on our own.

Reading these write-ups didn't instill much hope in me or my scenario. The awareness of what I lost was beginning to embed in too.

Over the years I had computers collision, stolen, lost, and so on as well as depend on Facebook to organize all my travel as well as event pictures. The site isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so why not submit all my pictures on Facebook for my friends as well as household to see at their discernment? There were well over 2000 photos, countless videos, article (notes), plus all the calls (I still have not been able to reconnect with several who were all lost when Facebook handicapped my account). This was seeming a very stark scenario as I additionally recognized just what was shed.

I had to gain back access to Facebook to take care of the pages for my clients, and likewise for my own ventures. A lot of my web pages' admin access were shown to a companion as well as were quickly held up up with the brand-new Facebook account I begrudgingly developed, cursing Facebook under my breath as I set up the new account.

Some of the Facebook pages admin accessibility were shared with my customers, whom I had to get in touch with to have them re-add me with my brand-new account. Every one of them asked "Why did your account get disabled?" and rightfully so. I, as well, would certainly examine the person I paid to handle my Facebook web page why their Facebook account was impaired. Would not you?

I still don't have an answer to that concern. "I have no suggestion" is the answer I still give, since its real. Facebook has still yet to offer me a reason my account was impaired. After reading the reasons Facebook disabled accounts on their page I was still at night. I really did not spam-add individuals, blog post sexual web content, pester anyone. so why they erased me didn't make good sense. Just after I review various other write-ups did I understand a little bit a lot more.

Facebook can disable your account if your display screen name is various than that on your birth certification. Mine was, but not by much. It was still phonetically the very same, but meant various than the remainder of my family. I additionally had a customer that just recently made use of a contest promo to increase their email checklist. According to Facebook advertising guidelines, contests can only be operated on Facebook via one of two applications: ShortStack and also WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I examined that customer's Facebook page and also it was gone too. Aha!

Although the competition had not been exactly held on Facebook (it was hosted on the customer's website), as well as the champion was notified by means of email (you can not reveal winners on your wall), I was certain this was the upseting action which had me ushered off Facebook without even a 'Bye-bye'.

Now it had to do with a week since I at first created Facebook that fateful morning, and also I still hadn't received a reply. I reviewed the web page enabling me to call Facebook, and described that I currently had a far better concept about why they disabled me, which I was sorry. I vowed never to do something like that once more (was it truly that negative??) if they just reable my account.

I sent that off and also waited again. After a few even more days I understood something. something really essential-- I produced a filter in gmail for Facebook e-mails. Even if they did email me, I would certainly have never ever received the e-mail due to the fact that it was set to "Avoid Inbox/Delete". Harsh.

So I sent out one more email to Facebook, this time letting them understand that I had a filter on my gmail as well as if they did call me before this email, I would have never obtained it.

A few days later on I ultimately received an email from Javier at Facebook. Here's the only feedback I'll likely get from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What an adolescent response-- sure Facebook is a 'young' company, but I make certain there need to be someone there with better tact than 'we're not going to reable your account-- don't email us once again.' OKAY Facebook.

So what did I learn from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never ever recognize if/when they'll determine to remove you.
2. Don't manage your various client's web pages with the very same account. If one page/account obtains removed, you will not lose them all.
3. A great deal of my friends are pretenders that's accounts are either hidden from search, or they disabled the "Include as a close friend" switch making it difficult to re-add them.

Its been about a month considering that I had my account impaired, and also had lots of time to reflect on the experience. I haven't attempted to contact Facebook straight since I received the email from Javier, but I did start the website www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, as well as the hashtag project on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to draw attention to the adverse experience.

Do I want Facebook to change their disabling plan? Nope.

I manage a few MU websites and also if you desire a person off your site, by all means delete them/block them/whatever. But also for Facebook to disable the account and to keep the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog posts, that is wrong. What would certainly Facebook be if nobody uploaded content onto the site-- No images to share or tag-- No articles to Like-- No condition updates to LOL at-- It would certainly be NOTHING.

Facebook ought to allow those who they disabled to download their account, letting them obtain their photos/videos/notes/ etc., before going off to the barren wastelands of Google+, or to RT their buddies standing updates (as opposed to 'Liking' it). Facebook already makes it feasible for an active account to be downloaded and install, so why not a handicapped account?

It's time for Facebook to obtain a little bit elder in this area-- especially with their IPO introduced. I'm really thinking about buying stock so they will certainly have to listen to my problem-- at the minimum I'll profit from them.

Have you had your Facebook account disabled? Did you get it back, and also if so exactly how?